With a huge number of customers worldwide, Wrike has surpassed its emerging stage and is quickly joining the list of the most prominent work management tools out there.
But since you have found yourself here, you are obviously wondering if it truly is all sunflowers and roses in there. Or better yet, you are trying to move on from Wrike and looking for a more robust solution for your management needs.
In this article, we’ll face facts together, and decide which Wrike alternative genuinely fits the bill.
But first, we have to let you know:
Table of Contents
- What is Wrike?
- List Of Wrike Alternatives And Competitors (2022 List)
- 1. ProofHub
- 2. Celoxis
- 3. Bitrix24
- 4. Gantt Pro
- 5. Project Insight
- 6. ConnectWise Manage
- 7. MeisterTask
- 8. Zoho Projects
- 9. Quire
- 10. ProjectManager.com
- 11. Monday.com
- 12. Taiga
- 13. ClickUp
- 14. Teamwork
- 15. Smartsheet
- 16. LiquidPlanner
- 17. Microsoft Project
- 18. Scoro
- 19. Notion
- 20. Basecamp
- 21. Jira
What is Wrike?
Wrike is an online project management solution designed to offer visibility and control over projects and tasks. It has been among the top project management tools out there for a while now. Accelerating performance, automating complex tasks, delivering better efficiency, etc are some of the most well-appreciated features that have made this software popular.
Whether or not Wrike works out for your business depends almost exclusively on your needs. How the technical specs meet your expectations and how the pricing details fit into your finances is what making this choice is all about.
Although, currently a large portion of Fortune 500 companies are using Wrike to manage their projects, there are a number of concerns raised by teams that are using Wrike (that we have discussed in the next section).
Why Should I Choose A Wrike Alternative?
Let’s debunk the theory of why you need to find an alternative to Wrike.
- Users generally complain about the fact that the software itself is tough to use and also hard to adapt to. Teams are searching for Wrike alternatives because they want to make things simpler, not more complicated.
- It does not have an in-built chat feature.
- The per user price of Wrike is much higher as compared to many other better alternatives to wrike.
- It has a user interface that is not intuitive, which makes the learning curve steep.
Although no project management tool out there is made to fit your team like a glove, it is always best to explore your options. There are actually a lot of reasons for trying out a new software platform for work management instead of sticking to Wrike that has its own set of limitations. There are chances that you might find some features that you didn’t even know you needed.
To know which alternative will be best for your team, we must first determine what Wrike lacks. Let’s go through those details with:
List Of Wrike Alternatives And Competitors (2022 List)
ProofHub simplifies the way you get things done. It is a versatile, intuitive project management platform that brings together managers, team members, and decision-makers to create plan and deliver projects as planned.
With features like Gantt, Kanban, discussions, chats, notes, files, schedules, timesheets, etc ProofHub allows project managers and teams to become more productive than ever with project management and team collaboration.
Additionally, ProofHub’s online proofing tool brings a unique twist to your whole review and feedback sharing process.
Tired of conventional project management tools and techniques? Give ProofHub a try!
A Feature for Every Problem
- An Easy-to-use Work Management Software
Designed for simplicity, one thing that makes ProofHub stand out from the crowd is it is packed with all features for teams and for every project management challenge. It is a central place to manage and run projects, and collaborate with teams and clients.
- Organize Tasks at One Central Place
In order to have a clear and concise view of all the work that is to be done, ProofHub gives space to create tasks and subtasks and organize them on the go. You can assign them to multiple people, set their due dates and time estimates, create recurring tasks, attach files, add comments on tasks — all at one place.
- Task Stages on Kanban Boards
If you’re often confused with “Who’ll be working on this next?”, ProofHub gives you the ability to have a clear view of work in progress. As the work gets completed, see work moving through multiple stages on Kanban board in a particular workflow.
- Plan Projects on Gantt Charts
Plan projects, set dependencies between tasks, and visualize tasks in a timeline view of the ProofHub Gantt chart. You can smartly adjust your plan as work changes and deadlines shift with task dependencies.
- Built-in Proofing to Have a Clear Feedback
The feedback process can be frustrating. ProofHub eliminates the need to check long email threads to look for feedback. You can speed up the process with markup tools. With online proofing software you can review, proof, annotate files, collaborate on them and approve them right away.
- Get Ultimate Control With Custom Roles
ProofHub allows to define custom roles to stay in ultimate control of who gets to access what according to the workflow. Create and assign custom roles, grant access levels, revoke access, and also assign a default role in just a few seconds.
- Track Time Smartly
No more you’ll have to use an external time tracking software for time tracking. Using ProofHub, you can add timesheets, set time estimates, track time manually or using timers, and create custom time reports.
- Collaborate on Discussions
With ProofHub’s real-time collaboration, you can keep a track of what your team members are upto, have discussions with your teams and clients at one place. Keeping everyone or anyone in the loop is also easy with @Mention.
- Calendar to Manage Schedules at One Place
Because going to and fro multiple calendars is a difficult task. Organize your events, tasks, and milestones all at one place in ProofHub. Add recurring tasks and select from multiple views to schedule work. Stay on top of your schedule with automatic reminders.
- Bring All Your Files at One Central Place
With ProofHub, no longer you’ll be wasting time looking for files and documents. File sharing with teams and clients is easy now as you can share file links for review or simply attach the files and documents to keep it safe. You can keep all your files organized at one place. Also, collaborate and share feedback on files in real-time, without shifting between multiple tabs.
- Make Announcements With ProofHub
Add announcements to recognize team’s achievements, give birthday wishes, office event details or any other important information, subscribe people to announcements, attach files, and set time durations. @mention to give special attention.
- Create Reports the Way You Want
Analyze project progress in a single click to have a detailed resource and project reports. Create custom reports and visualize overall project progress to plan, and manage projects ahead.
- Take Work Requests Through ProofHub’s Request Form
Now taking work requests is easier using ProofHub. Never miss a requirement again as you can create request forms that will help you escape from messing inbox and get work requests, support queries or even tickets through a form.
Essential – $50/month or $45/month (billed annually)
Ultimate Control – $99/month or $89/month (billed annually)
Why Choose ProofHub Over Wrike?
Pricing makes ProofHub the best alternative to Wrike. Because unlike Wrike, ProofHub can be used for unlimited users in both its essential and ultimate control plan. Though Wrike has a free version, the free version has no core features that make it obvious for users to move to the paid version which is charged per user. ProofHub offers unlimited users as you pay once. So far pricing and plans are concerned, you can have a look at the pricing page of ProofHub.
“ProofHub optimized our client happiness and eliminated all the fuzziness and problems that could happen with email project management.”
Are you looking for a Wrike alternative that simplifies the way you manage your teams, tasks, and projects? Try ProofHub!
Celoxis is a comprehensive, web-based software designed for project management and team collaboration. The software comes packed with a range of enterprise-class features and functionalities. Additionally, it’s ease of use and affordability makes it an ideal choice among businesses and teams that are looking for an intuitive and affordable project management solution.
Why use Celoxis over Wrike:
- Its easy of use
- It offers quality support
- It facilitates task prioritization and better task management
- It allows project mapping via Gantt charts
- It’s a great tool for Time and cost tracking
SaaS – $25 per user/month plus duration and volume discounts
On-Premise – $450 per user, one time plus volume discounts
“Great all round PM tool especially for digital projects”
Bitrix24 is a trending software solution for project management and project communication. This solution provides businesses and teams with a suite of solution that ensures their effective control over all project tasks, communication, contacts, important files, etc. Bitrix24 is incredibly ease-of-use and there’s no need for any training or support to use its basic PM functions. Want to simplify the way teams collaborate and keep track of project activities? Use Bitrix24.
Why use Bitrix24 over Wrike:
- It provides efficient support for a wide range of data, such as work calendars, images, and wikis
- It’s a powerful planning tool
- It has communication and collaboration tools that work within and outside the office
Plus – $39/month
Standard – $99/month
Professional – $199/month
“One platform for many solutions – CRM, project management, time management Project and TASK management tool really good.”
4. Gantt Pro
GanttPRO is an online project management tool based on Gantt charts. The application is a good choice for single users and teams of all sizes from different spheres. To help everyone stay on track and the same page, GanttPRO provides users with not only great task management but also team collaboration, resource and cost management as well as time tracking. The software has a very short learning curve so that every team member you invite in your project will start working on tasks right away, with no training at all.
Why use GanttPRO over Wrike:
- It is easy to use
- It offers a nice intuitive interface
- It offers a powerful range of features that allow organizing all the work in a project and team and keeping everything in one place
- It comes with great support
- It has an affordable and transparent pricing
Individual – $15/user/month
Team 5 – $7.90/user/month
Team 10 – $6.90/user/month
Team 15 – $5.90/user/month
“GanttPRO has a highly effective and easy to use UI, which is complemented by a vast array of features that make work life easier. It enables effective project management so that everyone can track their progress on all of the assigned tasks and increase productivity.”
5. Project Insight
Project Insight is a web-based project management solution for businesses and teams of any size. Its an enterprise-grade PM platform integrated with an array of features and an incredible user-friendly interface. Project Insight is basically a hub for better project management, task delegation, time tracking, and team collaboration. With Project Insight, managing various business tasks becomes simpler than ever.
Why use Project Insight over Wrike:
- It facilitates efficient project assessment in line with the business objectives and resources
- It allows better task prioritization, team composition, and scheduling
- It enables robust resource management
Team – Free Forever
Business – $45/power user/month
Enterprise – $65/power user/month
“The visibility that Project Insight provides our management teams has enabled us to address issues earlier, fine tune processes and work to improve the accuracy of project forecasting whilst ensuring that the project program remains under complete control.”
See how ProofHub compares to Projectinsight, click here.
6. ConnectWise Manage
ConnectWise Manage is an intuitive solution for project management. It integrates all key systems in one centralized platform, thereby enhancing the overall user visibility and boosting accountability of every team member across the organization. ConnectWise Manage simplifies all the activities across projects through smart documentation, clear communication, and error-free ticketing.
Why use ConnectWise Manage over Wrike:
- It allows teams to do multiple things simultaneously – from managing projects, serving customers, developing marketing schemes, controlling sales, to following-up purchase orders.
- It helps to create intelligent service approaches without any additional cost
They provide customized pricing plans according to each business’s unique needs and scale.
“My favorite thing about manage is its ease of use. There has never been a long learning curve for anything they have implemented. We started using this a few years ago and have never had many issues.”
Make it easy for your teams to stay in ultimate control of their tasks, projects and communications. Switch to ProofHub!
MeisterTask is an amazingly designed online project and task management software. The core aim of this product is to empower project managers and teams with ultimate control over every aspect and stage of their projects. In addition to its efficient project tracking functionality, MeisterTask offers collaborative features and tools that allow team members to speed up project completion and increase individual productivity.
Why use MeisterTask over Wrike:
- It eliminates the cumbersome aspects of project management
- It simplifies the process of assigning tasks, adding team members, etc
- It provides flexible project boards that can be readily modified to match your current workflows
- It serves as a central hub to store all project information and for communicating it with project teams and stakeholders
Basic Plan – Free
Pro Plan – $8.25/user/month
Business Plan – $20.75/user/month
Enterprise Plan – Custom pricing
“MeisterTask is as beautiful and easy to use as MindMeister, and it’s perfect for the types of groups I work with. It’s the most beautiful Kanban implementation I’ve used.“
8. Zoho Projects
Zoho Projects is a leading platform for project management among professionals. It’s a multi-awarded system that comes packed with an array of tools to support team collaboration, performance and overall output. It provides a range of premium features and functionalities for free, which is why it is being considered one of the most preferred project management tools among businesses – large and small.
Why use Zoho Projects over Wrike:
- It enables teams to easily separate even the most complex projects as per their respective milestones or tasks to achieve
- It allows you to identify and remove potential bugs quickly and efficiently
- It facilitates you to create customized business protocols and workflows
- It offers a secure system that only authorized users are allowed to access
Standard – $25 per month ($20 per month if billed annually + applicable tax)
Express – $50 per month ($40 per month if billed annually + applicable tax)
Premium – $100 per month ($85 per month if billed annually + applicable tax)
Enterprise – $150 per month ($125 per month if billed annually + applicable tax)
“Zoho Projects is an excellent product for waterfall project management. It provides all of the features and functionality you would expect from an enterprise-level project management solution, along with a complete collaboration suite.”
Further Reading: Zoho Alternatives – 13 Tools Your Team Will Love
Quire is an intuitive task management and project management platform designed to match the needs of innovative businesses and teams. It’s a free-to-use application that enables you to effectively manage every aspect of a project until its successful completion. The unique interface of this application helps you ensure that you manage your time and resources effectively, even in the case of most complicated projects.
Why use Quire over Wrike:
- It provides a no-brainer interface
- It has a distinct tree-structure with unlimited tasks and subtasks
- It creates a transparent workplace
- It provides all the integrations you need
- It enables team members to actively collaborate on everything
It’s a free-to-use application
“I’ve tried about 100 different project management tools… I LOVE the simplicity of this!”
ProjectManager.com is a cloud-based software solution for project management. The solution provides features that promote robust collaboration, planning, scheduling and timely project delivery. It is considered as one of the most reliable PM systems and is being trusted by over 10,000 businesses and teams across the globe. If you’re looking for a tool that enables you to achieve time and cost-efficiency in your project execution and completion, go with ProjectManager.com.
Why use ProjectManager.com over Wrike:
- Its trusted by organizations like the UN, NASA, and Volvo
- It helps you to derive valuable insights from on workload, budget, and schedules of projects
- It allows you to compare the planned and the actual progress of a project and make immediate adjustments in certain areas
Personal – $15 per user/month
Team – $20/user/month
Business – $25/user/month
Enterprise – by quote
“ProjectManager.com offers fabulous tools that rival Microsoft Project and are indeed a better all round experience.”
Another great Wrike alternative in this list is Monday.com. It’s a robust and intuitive project management platform that eases the process of managing projects and project communications. The product was formerly known as Dapulse and since it’s rebranding, it has been experiencing a steady increase in its number of users. In fact, it has become one of the best project management solutions available in the market today.
Why use Monday.com over Wrike:
- It boosts collaboration in the workspace
- It provides a social media interface that we all are familiar with
- It’s task scheduling feature allows teams to plan projects ahead of time
Basic – $25/month (billed annually)
Standard – $39/month (billed annually)
Pro – $59/month (billed annually)
Enterprise – $118/month (billed annually)
“It keeps us organized, focused, and on track to efficiently completing projects”
Here’s a link to Monday.com alternatives for you to read.
Taiga is a world of detailed tools and features presented to us in streamlined packaging. This management software platform helps you stay ahead of the curve by helping you plan better. Not only is it an efficient workspace to collaborate in, but it is also a very quick way to track bugs, questions, and enhancements.
Why use Taiga over Wrike:
- It provides a very easy way to track the progress of tasks.
- It helps with creating and following the workflow with Kanban boards.
- You can track the progress of multiple projects in the same window with Taiga.
- It helps implement agile and scrum techniques into the workflow like no other tool.
Basic – Free
Premium – $5 per user/month billed annually
Enterprise – by quote
“I personally like Taiga, myself. We use it heavily in @Fedora, and it offers a stellar experience.”
ClickUp is another great alternative for Wrike. With its array of features and an easy to use interface, it stands out in the category of work management tools. This tool really makes your job easier because it has pre-defined templates for almost everything. It also helps with effective collaboration by providing you many features so you can be on the same page with your team at all times.
Why use ClickUp over Wrike:
- It helps you set reminders that can be viewed and managed in the calendar view.
- It allows you to view what your teammates have next on their agenda.
- It also allows you to import files and information from other tools easily.
- With ClickUp, you can manage your docs and wikis with ease.
Free – Free
Unlimited – $5 per user/month billed annually
“My experience with ClickUp has been very positive. I was able to import most of my tasks in Todoist, the previous test manager I used, into ClickUp, and then clean up and organize those tasks where needed.”
Teamwork is a seamless front for teams to collaborate and come together to give their best. As a great Wrike replacement, it is a platform where you can centralize all your information, tasks, projects, and files. It has been befitting both traditional and remote teams with its unique system for keeping the team in the loop.
Why use Teamwork over Wrike:
- It allows you to manage and optimize your workload by allocating resources.
- It provides a single platform to get a panoramic view of all your ongoing projects.
- With Teamwork, you get all your tasks in the form of easy-to-access cards.
- It helps you stay on top of your schedule with the Timer app.
Free Forever – Free
Pro – $10 per user/month billed annually
Premium – $18 per user/month billed annually
Enterprise – by quote
“With Teamwork, we get more visibility over the team’s capacity and resources available, as well as more visibility in terms of who owns a task and what exactly needs to be done.”
Also read: The Best Teamwork Alternative is Here
Smartsheet comes as a worthy competitor with its easy-to-use and highly customizable interface. This tool can be used for time management, collaboration, communication, and much more. It has interactive features that make it suit the needs of every user from every industry. Due to its adaptability, users coming from using different tools have no trouble with onboarding to this one.
Why use Smartsheet over Wrike:
- It helps you create and share custom reports.
- It helps you make quick sheets with a very reliable spreadsheet tool.
- Smartsheet also aids with collaboration by providing you a shared workspace.
- It offers a central location for the team to upload files and work on them together.
Enterprise – by quote
Premier – by quote
“Smartsheet is a very advanced spreadsheet tool, although it’s far from the easiest software to use if all you want is project management.”
LiquidPlanner is your go-to solution for, you guessed it, planning. With a very easy-to-grasp interface, it presents a solution to project management in small packaging. Along with managing your tasks and the project timeline, it helps you run diagnostics and analytics on your data and track performance.
Why use LiquidPlanner over Wrike:
- With this tool, you can easily set project and task priorities.
- It provides you an easy base to plan and implement your strategies.
- It presents you with a list of your tasks in card form that moves through Kanbans.
- It gives you a quick snap of the timeline of the project along with time estimates.
Professional – $45 per user/month (5 users minimum, billed annually)
Enterprise – by quote
“I’m 100 % satisfied with LiquidPlanner and love the ease of use.”
17. Microsoft Project
Microsoft Project is both familiar and homey, which are two things that are hard to find in Wrike. It comes with so many solutions for the management of work. It is a software that you can trust and also rely on. It offers a great overview of your project and the team schedule in different views and also helps with creating very visual and at the same time, appealing roadmaps.
Why use Microsoft Project over Wrike:
- Initiating work is a simple process as it allows you to easily set up a project.
- It shows you a board view for going over your workflow and your progress.
- It allows you to view the task deadlines, and dependencies through Gantt charts.
- Collaborate better with Microsoft Project by working with stakeholders and clients.
Project Plan 1 – $10 per user/month billed annually
Project Plan 3 – $30 per user/month billed annually
Project Plan 5 – $55 per user/month billed annually
” It is easy to use, it is very easy to download, it does not slow down your computer, it has wide use applications.”
Looking for best Microsoft Project Alternatives for project management, click here.
Another tool that is absolutely filled with awesome features and functionalities is Scoro. This is a solution to work management that is both instinctive and compatible with all your needs. Some of its features like creating task bundles and viewing the agenda in the calendar view help you deliver your assignments, and hence, projects, in time which makes it such a good alternative to Wrike.
Why use Scoro over Wrike:
- It helps you plan ahead with the drag-and-drop planner.
- Assign tasks to your team and track their performance with instant notifications.
- It offers customizable views that give you a bird’s eye view of your project.
- Set deadlines and prioritize your tasks at one central location.
- Review the team’s time usage and keep a track of billable and non-billable hours.
Essential– $26 per user/month billed annually (Minimum 5 users)
Work Hub – $37 per user/month billed annually (Minimum 5 users)
Sales Hub – $37 per user/month billed annually (Minimum 5 users)
Ultimate – by quote
“With Scoro, our consultants have become the rulers of their time and planning. More than that, they are now saving around 2 hours every week.”
You can trust Notion to replace almost all the apps and software programs you are currently depending on. This is a unique platform that is trusted by big-name brands like McDonald’s Verizon, IBM, Samsung, and The Wall Street Journal, etc.
Why use Notion over Wrike:
- Create a knowledge base on your project management tool by keeping an office wiki.
- It helps you keep an employee directory and store contacts.
- It gives you many options on how you can sort and filter through your tasks and projects.
- With a card view, it provides you a clear picture of all your tasks and their status.
Personal – Free
Personal Pro – $4 per user/month billed annually
Team – $8 per user/month billed annually
Enterprise – by quote
“Able to collaborate with a global team, put in notes and research for later, and keep on track of the status of items.”
Basecamp is the one work management solution that offers effective team collaboration. It helps you keep track of your projects, tasks, and to-dos in a very easy-to-use interface. Project planning is easy with Basecamp since it has advanced chat functionality. Organize events, set schedules, and opt for push notifications with this all-in-one tool.
Why use Basecamp over Wrike:
- Be in the loop the whole time by viewing the actions of the team in Activities.
- It offers automatic check-in questions like ”What are you working on?” to make reporting easier.
- It offers collaboration through seamless communication.
- You get to post announcements, new ideas, and your progress all in one space.
- It allows you to track the project timeline with Hill Charts.
Basecamp Personal – Free
Basecamp Business – $99/month billed annually (no per-user fee) (Or $999/year)
“We can see exactly what needs to be done and when. We’re much more efficient.”
Further reading: Best Basecamp Alternative
Jira is an issue and project tracking software that helps a lot with task management. With a very easy-to-use and customizable dashboard-style view, it is a convenient space for the users to maneuver through the workflows.
Why use Jira over Wrike:
- With a project management system such as this one, it is easy to handle Agile projects.
- It allows you to view your targets with a scrum board and also the Kanban view.
- Along with that, it also helps you with Agile reporting and presenting statistics.
- It helps you easily attach, upload, and share deliverables.
Free – Free forever (Up to 10 users)
Standard – $7 per user/month billed annually (Up to 5000 users)
Premium – $14 per user/month billed annually (Up to 5000 users)
“Great way to collaborate with team members and outside vendors on ticketing and projects, with a lot of integration opportunities. Would highly recommend it to users not currently using JIRA.”
“Need an easy, powerful, and user-friendly PM tool? Try ProofHub!”
What is the best Wrike alternative for project management?
If you’re moving from Wrike to another work management software or looking for work management software to start with, ProofHub is the best Wrike alternative pertaining to its features and functionalities. Hopefully, this list of alternatives would be best suited for your work management. Just go through the list and see what tool or software will work best for your project management needs.
Tired of using Wrike for project management? Give ProofHub a try!
Time to make a pick – Checklist for choosing the right Wrike alternative
With so many amazing alternatives available just a click away, making the right choice can be overwhelming. However, when you know exactly what you’re looking for, it’s easier to make the right decision. Keeping that in mind, we’ve outlined some of the key factors that you need to consider before you chose an alternative tool or software to replace Wrike.
- Ease of implementation
- Business size
- Mobile application
- User review
- Ongoing support
We understand that this list is not exclusive, there are plenty of other software and apps that would serve your business better than Wrike in terms of project management. Hopefully, we’ve listed all the alternative and similar software that would be best suited to your business’s needs.
Choosing a tool for any purpose can be a cumbersome process. However, you need to be smart enough to analyze what your needs are and then make your choice.
Here at ProofHub, we push analyzing. You must analyze your needs and then pen down a list of features that are absolutely essential for your team to function.
And if you are considering switching from Wrike because of any reason, there are many Wrike alternatives to it that you must also consider (as already explained in the article). Go ahead and make your pick to see which one works for you.
All the best!
What are the most common Wrike limitations?
Wrike is flawed due to its over the top pricing plans and the presence of a rigid interface. The lack of an in-built chat tool is a big shortcoming.
What is the best alternative available for Wrike?
ProofHub is the most preferred alternative to Wrike that is available for unlimited users when you pay for once, packed with all the features you’d need for project management.
Does Wrike have a free plan?
Wrike has a free plan that is only limited to 5 users and a limited number of features that make it needful to switch to paid plans (which is expensive).